The Position: After school club leaders, Windsor
In addition to freelance workshops in schools and in our West End studios, We are recruiting specifically for a new after-school club in Windsor, Berks, from Thursday 4th November 2021, 15:00-17:00, then every Thursday (term-time only) through to July 2022.
The role will include, but will not be limited to:
· Provide high-quality weekly drama training to children in years 5-9 (ages 8-14)
· Developing and delivering your own drama curriculum to meet the needs of students
· Monitor student development
· Keep records of student progression and lesson plans
· Work with students to develop performances to be shown at the end of each term
· Liaise with school leaders and Theatre Workout to continually develop and improve teaching
We would like to hear from trained, professional performers and theatre practitioners from all backgrounds. This role is ideal for freelance actors, performers and practitioners looking for additional freelance work to support their careers.
· Be available on Thursdays from 4th November, 15.00-17.00
· Have a recent DBS certificate, preferably with a subscription to the Live Update Service
· Received professional drama training to degree or drama school level
· Have at least three years’ of professional industry experience
· Be experienced working with children and young people
· Be passionate and experienced in teaching drama and performance skills to groups of all ages
· Be able to prepare, plan and deliver workshops
· Be creative, friendly and able to think on their feet within a workshop setting
· Ability to play an instrument – especially piano or guitar
· Be friendly, engaging and enthusiastic
· Have an excellent knowledge of performance techniques and workshop exercises
· Have a good working knowledge of West End plays and musicals
Visit www.theatreworkout.com for more information on the programmes we work on. Please send your performance and CV, headshot and covering letter detailing your suitability and outlining past teaching experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: Windsor After School Club from £40-£50 per hour depending on experience on a self-employed basis. Practitioners will be invited to join Theatre Workout’s pool of practitioners for other ad-hoc, freelance work. Other rates may apply.
Expenses and other rates of pay may be offered for other projects. Some workshop delivery training will be given.
Initial meetings online. Full training will be provided.