It is hard to believe that Theatre Workout is ten years old today.
It all started out as something to do when I wasn't acting, but has snowballed into something which has created amazing opportunities, to working with some truly brilliant people, and given me so much to be proud of.
The highlights of the past ten years? There are so many, but here are a few...
- Teaching 3,000 people how to do the Mambo in Trafalgar Square with Dirty Dancing - The Classic Story on Stage with Kim and Andrew (before heading to the National Theatre to perform in After the Dance with Benedict Cumberbatch)
- Developing official workshops for over 30 West End productions
- Producing Much Ado About Nothing and creating the English Theatre in Venice in 2007
- Running our first West End summer school and producing a showcase in a West End theatre
As for the next ten years, my goals are a little more ambitious!
- I want to work with EVERY West End production to develop their official educational workshops
- I want to develop Theatre Workout Academy to run workshops and courses throughout the year
- I want the Theatre Workout Support Fund to create memorable theatre experiences for disadvantaged schools and students
- I want to re-launch Theatre Workout Productions and stage plays of our own
...but the biggest goal I have is to open our own studio in the heart of London's West End, to give us a proper home in which to run our workshops!
Thank you to everyone who has supported me and Theatre Workout in the past ten years. You are wonderful and I could not have done it without you.
Now, where is the champagne?